Exalogic Virtual 184.108.40.206.x: Graceful Shutdown Of Control Stack vServers And OL6 Guest vServers Hanging
(Doc ID 2573708.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.190115
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
For issues with the Exalgic versions 22.214.171.124.x and 126.96.36.199.x please see KM note 2430013.1
The shut down of the Exalogic Control vServer running OL6 hangs when executing a control stack shut down.
The issue is also present in OL6 Guest vServers as well.
Graceful shutdown of the Exalogic Control vServer (or OL6 guest vServers) hang by any of the following methods.
- Using the "Exabr" tool to shut down the control stack
- Shutting down the control stack manually
- Stopping a guest vServer running OL6 from EMOC.
- Running "shutdown -h now" command from the guest vServer itself
- Running "xm shutdown <UUID>" from the Compute Node where the guest vServer is running.
Below error messages are seen in xm console output and in /var/log/messages system logs at the time when the graceful shutdown hangs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document