Guidelines for a good Test Case
(Doc ID 2580817.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle SOA Suite - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Service Bus - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Managed File Transfer - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Providing a good test case to Oracle Support will help you narrow down your time to resolution and avoid most of the back and forth questions we might have when implementing your test case
Important to note as explained on note WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH GLOBAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT (DOC ID 166650.1) under "Support Polices" tab, that is out of the scope of support":
- Mapping business requirements to product functionality
- Educating project team members on how to run scripts and how to maintain/use the operating system
- Application development to include creating code or examples
- Debugging custom code, demo code, or sample code
- Fixing errors/issues created by your technical contacts not reading and following instructions within Patches, Updates, Generic Data Fixes - (GDF's are tested by Oracle and are fully Supported - what is not supported is your technical contact not following instructions correctly causing data issues to your systems.)
Nevertheless, sometimes we require a test case as this will allow Support and if needed Development team to see/test and evaluate your problem
Anyone that would like to crate a good test case
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|The recipe for success|