DIP 12c: SSL Connection To AD Fails with "cannot connect directory server at <HOSTNAME> : <PORT>" Error, using a Synchronization Profile In 12c DIP, when using a "dip.jks" File from a Prior OID/DIP 11g Setup
(Doc ID 2583744.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.180621 version, Directory Integration Platform
Issue: OID 12c: SSL Connection To AD Fails with Synchronization Profile In 12c DIP, when Using a "dip.jks" file from a Prior OID/DIP 11g setup
Attempting to configure DIP/AD Synchronisation Profile to use SSL Mode, to create a new equivalent setup with 12c (to match an existing/prior 11g environment) using the following steps:
- Created a sync profile in DIP to AD in Non-SSL Mode (which works).
- Using a "dip.jks" file from prior OID DIP 11g setup - Copied this file to the new 12c OID servers.
- Successfully ran manageDIPServerConfig on both 01 and 02 DIP servers
- Ran createCert in wlst
- Changed the sync profile port to 636 and enabled SSL
- Test the connection and it fails with a "cannot connect directory server" Error.
Note: Appear to be no specific issues in the log relating to SSL.
"cannot connect directory server at <HOSTNAME> : <PORT>"
Using a "dip.jks" file from prior OID DIP 11g setup (Copied this file to the new 12c OID servers).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document