Data Modeler 19.1 to 22.2 Loses Synonym Information After "Save As", "Close" and "Open"
(Doc ID 2588191.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2022
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler - Version 19.1 to 22.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler version 19.1 (up to 22.2), when saving a model with new name (SAVE-AS), then closing design and
reopening it, Data Modeler loses synonyms under Relational Models --> Relational_1 --> Physical Models --> Oracle Database --> Synonyms.
When opening the model, it is done without connection to database.
Expect model to maintain the number of Synonyms regardless of 'Save-As' or Version of Data Modeler used.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Invoke Data Modeler 19.1.
2. Open existing model, for example, M1.dmd.
3. Check number of synonyms under Relational Models --> Relational_1 -->Physical Models --> Oracle Database --> Synonyms.
4. You will see X number of Synonyms.
5. Do "Save-As" and call it M2.dmd.
6. Close all .dmd files.
7. Now open M2.dmd and check Synonyms again, and you will see less number of synonyms.
Upgraded to Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 19.1 (any version 19.1 to 22.2).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document