Exalogic Virtual 188.8.131.52.X: EoIB Networks Does Not Work On OL7 Guest vServers When Infiniband Switches Are Rebooted
(Doc ID 2604192.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.190716
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
In Exalogic 18.104.22.168.X Virtual racks, issue is seen on 22.214.171.124.X OL7 Guest vServers where EoIB networks does not work when IB Switches are rebooted. Issue affects all following Exalogic image OL7 Guest vServers. OL6 Guest vServers are NOT affected when IB switches are rebooted.
- 126.96.36.199.190115 - January 2019 PSU
- 188.8.131.52.190716 - July 2019 PSU
Below is what we notice at the time of the issue.
- When first IB switch is rebooted, EoIB network access continues to work on OL7 Guest vServers.
- When second IB switch is rebooted (after the first IB switch is UP), we will notice that EoIB network access does not work on OL7 Guest vServers.
- When we check slaves for EoIB bond using below command (replace X with EoIB bond number) we will notice that there are no slaves for EoIB network bond
Reboot of IB Switches.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document