Exalogic Virtual 184.108.40.206.X: IB Networks (EoIB and IPoIB) Stop Working On OL6 & OL7 Guest vServers
(Doc ID 2604208.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.190716
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
In Exalogic 22.214.171.124.X Virtual racks, issue is seen on 126.96.36.199.X OL6 and OL7 Guest vServers where IB Networks both EoIB and IPoIB stops working. After the vServer restart the networks work fine without issues for sometime. But after sometime we notice that one or more Network bonds on the OL6/OL7 Guest vServers stops working. Issue affects all following Exalogic image OL6 & OL7 Guest vServers and EMOC Control stack vservers.
- 188.8.131.52.190115 - January 2019 PSU
- 184.108.40.206.190716 - July 2019 PSU
Below is what we notice at the time of the issue.
- Affected Network bond (EoIB or IPoIB) itself on the vserver is not pingable from other vservers or from the Dom0 compute nodes in the rack.
- Affected vServer is unable to reach ZFS Storage appliance over IPoIB vserver shared storage network. As a result NFS shares cannot be mounted on affected vServers.
- If EoIB bond is affected on the vServer, we notice that the one or both the slaves disappear for EoIB bond. This can be confirmed by running below commands.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document