Cache Size Difference between Active and Passive ECE Sites Due To Latency
(Doc ID 2644367.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Coherence - Version 22.214.171.124.4 to 126.96.36.199.6 [Release 12c]
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer has reported cache size difference between active and passive ECE sites using Coherence 184.108.40.206.4 and ECE 6.19. The issue was observed in the environment when the sites are reporting the below behavior.
* Increasing GC times on the passive site as the accounts grow to very large sizes.
* Growth in amount of journal backlog files in active site.
* Increase of latency in active site.
* Total gridlock of the active cluster after sufficient time has passed.
For this instance, customer did the following to stop the replication process:
* Run the gridSync pause command
* Monitor the active site for any sort of instability. This lasted approximately 10 minutes.
* Run the gridSync stop command
* Monitor the active site once more for possible instability.
* Monitor the decrease of journal files in the active site.
In the meantime, they have stopped the replication altogether to avoid this issue from getting worse. Secondary Site (DR Site) has stopped completely to remove any information on memory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document