ORDS 3.0 / 18.X Behaves Differently Using Datagaurd with DBMS_SERVICE CALLS for Some Database Instances
(Doc ID 2650041.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2023
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 18.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using URL mapping the database service name gets changed when it is called for certain databases
- Development instance runs succes http://<hostname>:<port>/DEVL/app_schema.app_Login.
- The equivalent for another database instance fails with a 500 error, with "ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor" in the WebLogic managed server log.
- The service name referenced in the error does not match the service name in the ORDS configuration files. The service name in the error has been modified. For example if the service name in the configuration section is DEVL_ABC_SERVICE_NAME, database listener log shows the service name as:
DD-MON-YYYY HH:MM:SS * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=APEX Listener)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=oracle))(SERVICE_NAME=abc_service_name)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)) * establish * app_service_name * 12514
TNS-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
- This is not the connection that was requested. TNSPing shows:
Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = DEVL_ABC_SERVICE_NAME)))
OK (0 msec)
* Database 18.104.22.168
* All versions of ORDS 18.1 and up fail with the same error in WLS and with standalone ORDS.
* The problem does not reproduce with 3.0.xx ORDS.
* lsnrctl status shows both the working and failing instances.
* Customer is using DataGuard, therefore testing with the SID will not work.
Using Active Data Guard (ADG), and the SID comes from DB_UNIQUE_NAME, which is different between the active and standby database (hence the reason we're using the dynamically registered DEVL_ABC_SERVICE_NAME service name on the ADG database.
* The initial database was 22.214.171.124.
The current installation is a standard database 126.96.36.199
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document