While Upgrading WebCenter Portal the RCU and Upgrade Assistant (ua) are not taking the Existing OPSS schema if the OPSS Schema Prefix is not Same as Other Schemas
(Doc ID 2672416.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attempting to upgrade from 11g to 12c with an OPSS schema prefix different then other schemas is causing the following issues:
- Running the RCU to create new schemas needed in 12c is trying to create a new OPSS schema with the same prefix as other schemas.
- If continue with the upgrade and try to run the upgrade assistance (ua), this tries to use all the new schema with the wrong PREFIX.
Expected the upgrade will recognize and use the existing OPSS schema.
Having the following use case:
- ALL domain schemas with exception of OPSS have the same prefix.
SO all other schemas look like: PREFIX1_webcenter, PREFIX1_MDS, ...
- The OPSS schema has a different prefix from all other schemas in the domain.
So OPSS schema looks like: PREFIX2_OPSS
- Run the RCU to create the new schemas in preparation for the upgrade to 12c.
Note here the RCU creates a new OPSS schema with same prefix as the other schemas in the domain (e.g. PREFIX1_OPSS).
- Run the upgrade assistance (ua).
Note here it takes the schema with same prefix as the other schemas in the domain (e.g. PREFIX1_OPSS).
So it is ignoring the actual OPSS schema (PREFIX2_OPSS).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document