Proxy Requests Fail with HTTP 502 for Long Queries
(Doc ID 2672806.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Topology: Browser -> OHS Proxy server (HTTPS) -> HTTP -> EBS
The proxy requests fail with an HTTP 502. When SSL is enabled, the proxy fails when the query to the backend application takes longer than a minute.
The access_log shows the errors:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. A third party application, excel4apps, is pulling data into Excel, and it queries the EBS application to pull data into Excel.
2. Accessed using http://<server>:<port>/OA_HTML/AppsLogin
3. When SSL is disabled, it works and even the longer queries work.
4. When SSL is enabled, it works unless the query runs longer than a minute at which point the HTTP 502 occurs.
5. Most of the queries are under a minute, but ones having a problem typically run under 5 minutes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document