Weblogic and Enterprise Manager Console Hangs After Providing Credentials
(Doc ID 2699947.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Weblogic & Enterprise Manager Console hangs after providing credentials. Following are the main symptoms:
- Start AdminServer using "startWebLogic.sh"
- An attempt to login to WebLogic or EM console will hang. Example using below links:
- During this time if we try to stop WebLogic via stopWebLogic.sh, it also hangs as it cannot connect to stop the process. Will need to do "kill -9" etc to stop.
- After starting AdminServer with startWebLogic.sh, and then if we start Reports server "startManagedWeblogic.sh WLS_REPORTS http://<hostname>:<port>", prior to accessing console then WLS_REPORTS starts successfully and can do showjobs or showenv.
- If wrong credentials are given for console login it returns immediately with error.
From analyzing the thread dumps collected from the AdminServer, when the issue happens we saw the following stack trace related to WebLogic and EM console login being blocked.
Solutions in <Note:2639731.1> did not work here.
This issue started happening after a VM reboot on the client side.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document