Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Default Forgot Password With One-Time Password Page Flow Fails With " Error 500--Internal Server Error"
(Doc ID 2711840.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 22.214.171.124.180413 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The default Forgot Password With One-Time Password (OTP) Page flow fails with "Error 500--Internal Server Error"
- Configured following Oracle Access Manager 12c (OAM 126.96.36.199): How to Configure the OAM Default Forgot Password With One-Time Password Page (Doc ID 2465058.1)
- The issue is seen when the "serverRequestCacheType" is set to "FORM"
- There is no issue when the "serverRequestCacheType" is set to "COOKIE"
Steps to reproduce the issue
1. Access an OAM protected resource
2. An OAM login page is displayed, with the "Forgot Password" link
3. Select the Forgot Password link, and redirected to the page where to enter User ID and click on "Generate Pin"
4. This redirects to "http://<FQDN_OAM_SERVER:OAM_PORT>/otpfp/initChangePswd" page with below error:
- In step "4" it is expected that the OTP will be sent (in this case,through Email) and will be redirected to page where to enter the OTP and new password (as seen when the "serverRequestCacheType" is set to "COOKIE")
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document