Audit Logs Show ORA-01017 From JDBC External Proxy Users Despite Successful Connections
(Doc ID 2711865.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2023
Applies to:JDBC - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Advanced Networking Option - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the JDBC Thin driver to connect as an externally-identified proxy user, connections are successful, but database audit logs record an ORA-1017 error.
* The problem reproduces using any version of the JDBC driver.
* It reproduces using JDK 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8.
* In all cases, the connection is successful; the ORA-1017 isn't returned to the front-end user.
* The error only shows up in DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL and nowhere else; the ORA-1017 in DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL doesn't prevent connection.
The following query confirms this:
* The problem doesn't reproduce when using the JDBC OCI driver.
* The use of the Java directive -Doracle.jdbc.thinLogonCapability=o3 has no effect on the problem
* The problem doesn't reproduce for other types of users: specifically, non-externally-identified proxy users
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document