HTTP Logging Setting in the Server Template Is Not Honored
(Doc ID 2734965.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A server template is created during the creation of a dynamic cluster. Specify a number for the "Files to retain:" setting under the Logging/HTTP configuration for the server template and then restart the servers in the cluster. The access logs get rotated but the number of files retained goes beyond the number configured.
1. Create a dynamic cluster named Dynamic_Cluster. A server template named Dynamic_Cluster-Template is also created.
2. Go to Environment -> Server templates -> Dynamic_Cluster-Template ->Logging -> HTTP and change the "Files to retain:" to 3.
3. Deploy a sample application named ShoppingCart.war to the dynamic cluster.
4. Start the servers in the dynamic cluster.
5. Generate some load by accessing the application repeatedly.
6. Check the number of the rotated access log files. The number of the log files continues to grow beyond the number configured. This indicates the configuration for the server template is not taking effect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document