Password Changed in Active Directory is not Propagated to Other Targets Using Password Synchronization
(Doc ID 2749553.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2021
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When password is updated in OIM via password sync, the "Password Updated" task is not triggered on other targets such as OUD. But when the password is changed in OIM via Reset Password, both tasks "Change User Password" & "Password Updated" get triggered and the password is updated in the target.
1. Install Oracle Identity Governance (OIG) version 220.127.116.11.0.
2. Install Oracle Unified Directory (OUD), Active Directory (AD) & Password Synchronization (PasswdSync) connectors.
3. Provision AD & OUD accounts.
4. On AD, change the password.
5. The resource history of OUD shows only "Change User Password" task as completed. But there is no "Password Updated" task.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document