How to list all OID groups that a user is a member of using the programmatic interfaces
(Doc ID 277777.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 9.0.4 to 10.1.4 [Release 10gR1 to 10gR3]
Enterprise Manager for Fusion Middleware - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 10.1.4.3.0
Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.4.2 to 10.1.4.2 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note will give examples of how to list all groups that a user is a member of programmatically using the following three techniques:
- Using the dbms_ldap PL/SQL functions
- Using the Oracle-supplied Java SDK's
- Using only native Java JNDI packages
1. There is very little error handling in any of the following sample code examples. These are very simple code samples that are used to illustrate the necessary calls to list the groups a user is a member of. The sample codes below are NOT supported by Oracle Support.
2. The ldap server name, port, and authentication values have been hard coded into the sample code examples. Ensure to change these values to fit your environment before compiling/running the provided code on another system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!