OUD 12c: Using OID ldapsearch Command to Search OUD Proxy Join Workflow Element Only Returns Objectclass(es) from Primary Participant in Duplicate
(Doc ID 2782409.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Join workflow element is configured in a proxy Oracle Unified Directory (OUD). If using Oracle Internet Directory (OID) ldapsearch command to search the proxy OUD, objectclasses of the Secondary Participant does not appear and objectclasses of the Primary Participant is output in duplicate.
For example, there is a proxy OUD instance. Using the Join workflow element, the proxy OUD joins 2 backend workflow elements, 1 LDAP and 1 Database (DB);
- Proxy OUD (Base ou=<JOIN>)
- Backend LDAP1 (Base ou=<LDAP1>)
- Backend DB1 (Base ou=<DB1>)
- LDAP workflow element is configured in Proxy OUD to get Backend LDAP1 data.
- DB workflow element is configured in Proxy OUD to get Backend DB1 data.
- Join workflow elements is configured in Proxy OUD to join LDAP1 and DB1 workflow elements.
- In Join workflow element, Primary Participant is LDAP1 and Secondary Participant is DB1.
An entry in Backend LDAP1 (Primary Participant) has some objectclasses, person, organizationalPerson and inetOrgPerson.
Search to Backend LDAP1:
LDAP and DB are used in this example case, but the issue also occurs with other types of backend data sources; For example, 2 OUD instances.
The issue is also observed in the configurations described in <Document 2548933.1>.
The similar issue - <Document 2781698.1> OUD 12c: Using the Library OVD (libOVD) to Search OUD Proxy Join Workflow Element Only Returns Objectclass(es) from Secondary Participant
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document