Initial Load Failed With Error OGG-03531 : Conversion from character set UTF-8 of SQLEXEC parameter CHAMP to character set we8iso8859p15 failed Due To Special Characters
(Doc ID 2787525.1)
Last updated on JULY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle GoldenGate - Version 220.127.116.11.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is replication issue with special character like Euro '€' while performing initial load. Below is detail
- If using special character like Euro '€' in source then extract abends.
- When not using special character like Euro '€' then replication is working fine and remote trail file exists. Trail file also contains data records.
- If normal table mapping without SQLEXEC with function is used then initial load extract works fine. Issue is with sqlexec.
- Facing same problem with other special characters too. Source and Target both have same character set WE8ISO8859P15.
- Using PASSTHRU with SQLEXEC as below
Extract (initial load):
USERID <Goldengate username>, PASSWORD ***
RMTHOST <hostname>,mgrport <port>
TABLE <owner>.<table_name>, TARGET <owner>.<table_name2>,
COLCHARSET(PASSTHRU,<col_name>), sqlexec (spname <owner>.<datamsking_func1>,id lookupFLD_241, params(champ=<col_name>),ERROR REPORT),
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document