OUD 12c Deleted Values Reappear in Multivalued Attribute in a Replicated OUD Environment
(Doc ID 2828813.1)
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Deleted values reappear in multivalued attribute in a replicated Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) environment resulting in data inconsistencies as unexpected information are still present in entries and/or groups.
Attribute values that have been deleted are reappearing when multi valued attribute is updated two times (after replication purge delay time).
Steps to reproduce in a replication OUD environment:
1. Modify a multi-valued attribute with modify operation: changetype: modify / replace: attributeName (for example, there are 20 values for the multivalued attribute, from Value1 to Value20)
2. Wait longer than the <replication-purge-delay> configured time
3. Delete values in the multivalued attribute with operation: changetype: modify / delete: attributeName (for example: delete Value10 and Value11)
4. Verify with ldapsearch that Value10 and Value11 are removed from attributeName, which they are and is expected/correct
5. Wait again longer than / past the replication-purge-delay time
6. Delete another value in the multivalued attribute with operation: changetype: modify / delete: attributeName (for example: delete Value18)
7. Verify with ldapsearch that Value18 is removed, which is expected/correct
8. Verify with ldapsearch to find that Value10 still exists when it should not, it should have remain removed / deleted but it is incorrectly re-added / reappears / returns
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document