Exalogic Patch Set Update (PSU) Release 184.108.40.206.220118 (Linux - Physical) for Jan 2022
(Doc ID 2833056.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.210720
Exalogic X2-2: v22.214.171.124.211019
Exalogic X3-2: v126.96.36.199.0 to v188.8.131.52.211019
Exalogic X4-2: v184.108.40.206.0 to v220.127.116.11.211019
Exalogic X5-2: v18.104.22.168.0 to v22.214.171.124.211019
Exalogic X6-2: v126.96.36.199.0 to v188.8.131.52.211019
Oracle Exalogic is an integrated hardware and software system designed to provide a complete platform for a wide range of application types and widely varied workloads. It combines optimized Oracle Fusion Middleware software like WebLogic server, Java, Coherence with industry-standard Sun Server and Storage hardware and InfiniBand networking. The purpose of this document is to provide specific information around Jan 2022 Patch Set Update (PSU) for that system.
- JAN 2022 PSU IS APPLICABLE TO THE FOLLOWING VERSIONS:
- EXALOGIC RACK (X3-2, X4-2, X5-2, X6-2) PHYSICAL RUNNING ORACLE LINUX 7 ON VERSION 184.108.40.206.0 to v220.127.116.11.211019
- EXALOGIC RACK (X2-2, X3-2, X4-2, X5-2, X6-2) PHYSICAL RUNNING ORACLE LINUX 6 ON VERSION 18.104.22.168.211019
For guidance on applying Jan 2022 PSU to Physical Nodes running Oracle Linux 6, please refer to the following document:
Exalogic: Guidance on Applying Jan 2022 PSU and Higher to Physical Nodes running Oracle Linux 6 (Doc ID 2848266.1)
- If your compute nodes have a 96MB boot partition (such as those originally reimaged with EECS 22.214.171.124.0 or 126.96.36.199.0) and running Oracle Linux 6, download and apply the following Exalogic one-off patch to the staged PSU bits prior to upgrading the compute nodes:
BUG 34549546 - DISK FREE SPACE CHECK OF 30MB IN /BOOT IS INSUFFICIENT FOR UPGRADING UEK4 KERNEL
Refer to the following MOS note for details of the issue and the patch:
Exalogic: OL6 Physical Compute Node Kernel Panics During Reboot Following PSU Upgrade (Doc ID 2896130.1)
This one-off is not required if the boot partition is 256MB or 500MB in size or if the compute node is running Oracle Linux 7.
The target audience of this document are engineers and system administrators who plan to apply the Exalogic PSU.
This document provides the following:
- README files that are included in the Jan 2022 PSU for convenience. These can be used for reference without having to download the PSU first.
- Known issues with the PSU - these provide a list of known issues along with workarounds/solutions, if available. Engineers and administrators planning to apply the PSU should ensure to review these before applying the PSU.
This document will be kept up-to-date with updates to errata and known issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Patch Readme Documentation|
|Appendix A: Fixed Bugs List|
|Appendix B: Patching Known Issues|
|Appendix C: Released Software and Firmware Versions|
|Appendix D: FAQs and Troubleshooting Guide|
|Information About Usage Of Exapatch Force ( -f or --force ) Option Used During Exalogic Patching|
|Appendix E: Errata|