Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Custom Login Is Not Called In Authentication Sequence After Applying The Oct 2021 Stack Bundle Patch (SPB)
(Doc ID 2859713.1)
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.210920 to 22.214.171.124.210920 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying the October 2021 Stack Bundle Patch (SPB) custom authentication plugin is no longer called during the login sequence.
- Oracle Access Manager 126.96.36.199 with latest patches from Jan. 2022.
- Trying to solve problem with custom authentication plugin installed also these 2 patches:
<Patch:33554950>: OCTOBER 2021 CPU PATCH BREAKS FEDERATION LOGIN
<Patch:33585810>: UNSOLICITED LOGIN FAILS WITH OCT CPU PATCH USING CUSTOM PLUGIN
Problem still persist.
- The plugin is used to extend Authentication Module for federation login (need to send SAML response from our Federated Identity Provider to our backend server).
- First two steps of this AuthnModule (FedAuthnRequestPlugin, FedUserAuthenticationPlugin) passed OK - user is authenticated successfully.
- But without calling the plugin the SAML Response is not known to our backend applications
Application of Oct 2021 SPB
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document