OAS 10.1.2 10.1.3 OPMN Spins CPU, Log Files Grow Large Due To Port Conflict e.g. With Database
(Doc ID 297411.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 10.1.3.5.1 [Release AS10g to AS10gR3]
Oracle Net Services - Version 10.1.0.2.0 and later
Oracle HTTP Server - Version 188.8.131.52 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10g to AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Application Server 10g OPMN is spinning / consuming a high amount of CPU
You may see the ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/ons.log (OracleAS 10.1.2) or ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/opmn.log (OracleAS 10.1.3) growing large - filling up with lines like:
The issue can be seen with OPMN running in technology stacks which use:
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 ( 10.1.2 )
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 ( 10.1.3 )
- Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 ( 10.1.4 )
- Oracle HTTP Server ( Apache 1.3) from the AS or Database Companion CD
- Oracle HTTP Server ( Apache 2.0) from the AS or Database Companion CD
The issue typically occurs when Oracle Application Server or Oracle HTTP Server reside on the same machine / server as an Oracle Server (Database).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document