Oc4j Application Show Broken Pipe Error When Backend Database Is Restarted
(Doc ID 332442.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle TopLink - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.0
Oracle Containers for J2EE - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 08-Dec-2009***
- Application running fine in OC4J container, when the backend database is running.
- Errors occurred when the backend database is restarted.
- Using OC4J connection pool, setup to auto-reconnect on DB failure.
- Using TopLink for data persistance
- Problem does not occure with applications that are not using TopLink and the same data source setup.
Verified the issue by the log file opmn.log, which displays broken pipe error message:
Exception [TOPLINK-4002] (OracleAS TopLink - 10g (9.0.4) (Build 031126)):
Exception Description: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
Error Code: 17002
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document