Unable to Import Certificate into Oracle Wallet Manager Due to Incorrect Organizational Unit Length
(Doc ID 351084.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Security Service - Version 184.108.40.206 to 10.1.0.5 [Release 9.0.1 to 10.1]
Oracle HTTP Server - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
Web Cache - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.2.3.0 [Release AS10gR2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle HTTP Server - Version: 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.3.5.0
Web Cache - Version: 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.2.3.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
**Checked for relevance on 02-Dec-2014**
- Trying to import a User Certificate into Oracle Wallet Manager
- The certificate fails to import and gives the error:
User Certificate Installation Failed.
- Input was not a valid certificate
- No matching Certificate Request was Found
- CA certificate needed for certificate chain not found
- The certificate also fails to be imported as a Trusted Certificate
- Trying to convert a certificate and key to a Oracle Wallet with ssl2ossl
- Using the command:
>ssl2ossl -cert ./cert.cert -key ./privkey.pem -cafile ./ca.cert
Enter PEM pass phrase:
Enter wallet password:
Verifying password - Enter wallet password:
Couldn't generate valid wallet, error = 28750!
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!