How To Test Your OID Password Policy
(Doc ID 359670.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 11.1.1 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This procedure can be used to test and verify a password policy. In this example, the password policies were set using the Oracle Directory Manager (oidadmin) as follows:
- Display Name: Password Policy for Realm dc=us,dc=example,dc=com
- Enable OID Password Policy: ENABLE
- Need to Supply Old Password When Modifying Password: DISABLE
- Number of Grace Logins After Password Expiration: <NOT SET>
- Password Expiration Warning: 864000 ( start displaying warning 10 days prior to expiration)
- Password Expiry Time: 7776000 (password expires every 90 days)
- Account Lockout->Global Lockup Duration: 86400 (Account will be locked after 1 day of unsuccessful attempts)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document