Getting "Oracle SSO Failure - Unable to process request" When Logging into mod_osso Based Applications Located Behind an HTTP Server Used as a Reverse Proxy
(Doc ID 360313.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On - Version 9.0.4 to 10.1.4.3 [Release 10gR1 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 12-FEB-2016***
- Trying to authenticate to a mod_osso partner application, after entering your username and password the following error is returned...
Either the requested URL was not specified in terms of a fully-qualified host name or OHS single sign-on is incorrectly configured.
Please notify your administrator.
- You can access and log into the SSO Admin Application with no issue http://<SSO_HTTP_SERVERNAME>:<HTTP_PORT>/pls/orasso
- Once you receive the error, in the same browser session enter the URL for the SSO admin application. This will bring up the SSO admin application home page. Select the login link, you are not challenged for authentication.
- No errors is the SSO server log
- HTTP headers look correct
- SSO server and Partner applications are registered using the reverse proxy (RP) hostname and port.
An HTTP Server was added as a reverse proxy in front of the Oracle Application Server (OAS) environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document