Kernel Ulimit Settings Incorrect for SLES9 - /etc/pam.d/xdm Also Needs Updating
(Doc ID 361193.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.3.2.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
According to the installation guide for Application Server 10.1.2.0.2 for Linux the following needs to be done to set ulimits:
1. Run the following command to check that the nofile kernel parameter is set to at least 65536:
prompt> ulimit -Hn
2. If the command returns a value less than 65536, add this line to the /etc/security/limits.conf file (use a text editor to edit the file):
* hard nofile 65536
You need to be the root user to edit the /etc/security/limits.conf file.
3. Restart the computer for the new value to take effect.
Also at :
Add the following line to the /etc/pam.d/login file, if it does not already exist:
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so
- /etc/profile has been updated correctly as per the documentation.
- After performing the above steps, the command:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document