SSL call to NZ function nzosGetPeerCredential Fails with Error 1 When Client Certificate Contains a NULL SubjectDirectoryAttribute
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version: 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.3.4.0 - Release: AS10gR2 to AS10gR3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle HTTP Server is configured for SSL and Client Authentication
- There are no problems establishing an SSL connection when only a Server certificate is used.
- Client Certificates are issued containing the 22.214.171.124 SubjectDirectoryAttribute attribute.
- When SubjectDirectoryAttribute is populated in the client certificate, it is possible to establish an SSL connection with client authentication
- When attribute SubjectDirectoryAttribute is NULL, mod_ossl exits with an error message.
- The following message is reported in the $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/logs/error_log:
[error] mod_ossl: SSL call to NZ function nzosGetPeerCredential failed with error 1
[error] mod_ossl: Unknown error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms