File/Ftp Transport Protocol - File Permissions
(Doc ID 402252.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Application Server Integration B2B - Version: 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.2.0.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
EDI files placed in the transport server endpoint directory on a UNIX server are not processed by
the B2B Server, unless file permissions are -rwxrwxrwx (777).
EDI files should not be required to have full permissions to be processed by the B2B Server.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Connect to B2B user interface.
2. Click Partners tab.
3. Click Trading Partner link.
4. Click non-host trading partner.
5. Click Capabilities link.
6. Click EDI EDIFACT over Generic Exchange link.
7. Click on specific Transport Server name.
8. Assign Username and Password for operating system user owning the directory that will contain
9. Connect to the operating system as the user and write an EDI file with permissions -rw-r-----
(640) to the directory.
10 Observe file is not processed by the B2B Server.
11. Change the file permissions to -rwxrwxrwx (777).
12 Observe file is processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process, and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|