Validate Connection Fails with java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException on OVD 10g Database Adapter on Solaris, Works on Linux
(Doc ID 404470.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- In 10.1.4 OVD on Solaris 9, when creating a Database Adapter using "Oracle - Oracle OCI Drivers", "Validate Connection" fails with:
- It works fine on SuSE Linux 9
- The java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error occurs immediately after trying to validate the connection. There is no "pause" while it attempts to connect to the database (like when using THIN drivers)
- lsof command indicates that the OVD java process is indeed using the correct ojdbc14.jar file from the oci directory:
java 23394 root txt VREG 311,5 1536979 913 /opt/ovid/oci/ojdbc14.jar
- adapters.os_xml on Solaris doesn't show the db adapter, however it is successfully added to this file on Linux
- The connect string used on Solaris matches that on Linux
- Oracle Client version 10.1.0.2 is installed in the system
- A sqlplus connection to the database is successful from the OVD system
- Java error/trace stack when attempting to start the OCI driver shows:
The ojdbc14.jar file was moved to in a newly created directory ($OVD_HOME/oci) per:
<Bug 5666103> - NEED INSTRUCTIONS ON SETTING UP OVD FOR OCI DRIVER.
The connection validation also fails when the ojdbc14.jar file is placed in the $OVD_HOME/plugins/library directory
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document