Xpath Function ora:readfile Corrupts Binary Files Like doc/pdf.
Last updated on JULY 27, 2008
Applies to:Oracle(R) BPEL Process Manager - Version: 10.1.2.0.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
BPEL default work-list Application
Customised Work-list Applications
JSP files or Web Projects
When attempting to use a word document as an attachment to a BPEL human work flow process, you will notice the following behaviour:
When you uses Ora:Readfile () xpath function to read .doc / PDF file as an attachment to a BPEL work flow project and when you try to view the .doc / PDF file in the work list application, the file will not open properly. In other words the read file is corrupted.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a BPEL process with sequential Human Workflow.
2. Open setUserDefinedAttributes assignment component of the Human workflow.
3. Create a copy rule /task:task/task:attachment/task:name/task:URI and use Ora:Readfile () expression in the "from" section and we will call the document being read to be Test.doc.
4. Compile and deploy the project.
5. Launch the BPEL process by inputting any string.
6. Log in to BPEL Work list Application using Jcooper/Welcome.
7. Try to access the attached file. Test.doc Here is where you will see problem.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms