Retry Logic Does Not Error Out After Reaching Maximum Retrymaxcount
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle(R) BPEL Process Manager - Version: 10.1.2.0.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
Find BPEL fails to throw an exception after reaching the retryMaxCount and rather just leaves the
process running in memory indefinitely.
Expect an exception was thrown by BPEL and caught by CatchAll logic
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. There are two processes, P1 and P2. P1 is activated by JMS adapters, and then invokes P2 synchronously.
2. Set P2 to retired in Process Lifecycle in BPEL console, the expected behavior should be P1 errored out after the max retry limit and the exception was caught by CatchAll.
3. Kick off P1 instances, then we noticed P1 instances are growing as shown in BPEL console, when we checked the audit trail for a particular process, we saw the process seemed to be hanging after retried 4th time (the max retry set in bpel.xml).
4. Go to BPEL console -> BPEL Processes, perform the task "Refresh Alarm Table"
5. The hanging process got executed again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms