LDAP Connections Via SSL Using a Third-Party LDAP Browser Fail With SSLHandshakeexception and handshake_failure
(Doc ID 406687.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2016
Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.2.1.0 [Release 10gR2 to 10g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle Internet Directory is configured to use ports 3060 (non-SSL) and 3130 (SSL), and is configured for SSL level 1 (Encryption Only without wallets).
- SSL and Non-SSL connections are successful when using the Oracle Directory Manager (ODM) utility or using ldapbind
ldapbind -h <oidhost> -p <sslport> -U 1
- All IAS components are working
- Non-SSL connections using a third-party LDAP browser is working (e.g. Jive Forums or (as test tool) JXplorer, Softerra ldapbrowser)
- SSL connections using the third-party LDAP browser fail with:
"javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: void2.hfcc:3131 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure]"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.