Reserved Words Could Cause Non-Linkable Queries in the Data Model
(Doc ID 412447.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 220.127.116.11 to 10.1.2.0.0 [Release Oracle9i to 10gr2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
A simple testcase based on the sample schema:
- Open Reports Builder and create a new report manually.
- Go to Report Editor - Data Model.
- Create a simple SQL Query in the Data Model like:
- Create the second SQL Query in the Data Model using query below . Notice this second query will have a small icon in its title bar and a symbol like C/D.
- Try to create a Data Link (a column-to-column link) between the two columns of these queries.
- You get the warning message :
"Cannot implement column link for this detail SQL query . Converting to group link"
Press 'Yes' button.
- You can see the link in the Data Model, but the Property Inspector for this link shows that the parent and the child columns have not been included.
The problem cannot be reproduced in Reports 6i (6.0.8..x) .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document