Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4 to 10.1.4.3.0 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 02-Aug-2013***
This document describe how to install, configure and deploy a mapping script based on Python in OVD 10g 10.1.4
- GOAL: When searching for an entry, the attribute telephonenumber, as well as attribute tel, should be returned with the same value.
- This procedure is exemplified for searching a virtual attribute in OVD.
- OVD may have some adapters to AD, OID, etc., however they are not involved
- There are two attribute in OVD:
a custom attribute: tel
- For this example, the Python mapping file is simple:
#-----start Python_Blank1.mpy--------------Notice that only the outbound function is defined. Nevertheless, both functions can be used in the same mapping.
#code here for handling inbound mapping
#code here for handling outbound mapping
Other mapping file examples are in Oracle Virtual Directory Product Manual 10g (10.1.4.0.1), from which desired mapping files may be written. Review the "Example: Mapping Active Directory Schema" and "Example: Constructing A CN Attribute".
Some Python knowledge is required, but the examples from Chapter 8 should be helpful.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms