Getting "Error performing socket operations" Error in Oblog Files After Implementing SSL or Certificate-based Communication
(Doc ID 422189.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:COREid Identity - Version 7.0.4 to 22.214.171.124
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12-Apr-2010
After configuring COREid Identity Server and Webpass in certificate mode we made sure all the functionality are working properly as expected. Then the following changes were made:
- Changed the COREid TimeoutThreshold value in WebPass configuration to 60
- Restarted COREid Server and Webserver
As a result all the functionality in COREid GUI became extremely slow to the point of being unusable. In the oblog.log we see the following errors:
2006/08/15@17:36:01.895000 3448 1076 NET ERROR 0x00002104 obtlswrapper.cpp:534 "Error performing socket operations" Error^ BIO_flags^0x00000000 LocalAddr^w.x.y.z LocalPort^666 6 RemoteAddr^a.b.c.d RemotePort^22466 Socket^1692 2006/08/15@17:36:01.915000 3448 1088 NET ERROR 0x00002104 obtlswrapper.cpp:534 "Error performing socket operations" Error^ BIO_flags^0x00000000 LocalAddr^w.x.y.z LocalPort^666 6 RemoteAddr^a.b.c.d RemotePort^22467 Socket^1540
If we change the COREid TimeoutThreshold to "-1" and restart the COREid Server and Webserver, the error is no longer reported and performance is normal.
This problem only occurs when using ssl/certificate mode. Performing the same test when using simple mode does not cause the problem.
The following changes have been made:
- Setup Cert mode (SSL) of communication between Webpass and OIS
- Configure for Async communication by specifing a >zero value for "COREid Server Timeout Threshold" webpass parameter
- Perform an operation that would require a big chunk of data to be sent from the server. For example, click on "configure directory options" in the webpass admin console
- Observe the oblogs for both webpass and OIS. On the OIS server side you should see the above stated errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document