How To Associate an SSL LDAP Adapter With an SSL Certificate in OVD 10g?
(Doc ID 431105.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 3.0.2 to 10.1.4.2 [Release 3.0.2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to associate the VDE adapter for LDAP for SSL communication with the SSL certificate - public key in the OVD Manager "Manage Certificates" section
Without this mapping, symptoms may be similar to the following example:
Non SSL port: <OID_NON_SSL_PORT>
SSL port: <OID_SSL_PORT>
- Both the OID server certificate and RootCA certificate (used to sign the OID server certificate) have been imported into OVD. Both these certificates are encoded in Base64.
- The OID server certificate is signed by the RootCA (in this case, Oracle Certificate Authority)
- ldapbind/ldapsearch over port <OID_SSL_PORT> is successful to OID
- Third-party LDAP browsers such as JXplorer and LDAPStudio can successfully connect to OID over SSL on port <OID_SSL_PORT>, so OID SSL configuration is correct.
- From OVD, SSL connections fail to connect to port <OID_SSL_PORT>, with:
Oracle Virtual Directory could not load certificate chain
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document