How To Associate an SSL LDAP Adapter With an SSL Certificate in OVD 10g?
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 3.0.2 to 10.1.4.2 [Release 3.0.2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 27-May-2013***
How to associate the VDE adapter for LDAP for SSL communication with the SSL certificate - public key in the OVD Manager "Manage Certificates" section
Without this mapping, symptoms may be similar to the following example:
Non SSL port: 389
SSL port: 636
- Both the OID server certificate and RootCA certificate (used to sign the OID server certificate) have been imported into OVD. Both these certificates are encoded in Base64.
- The OID server certificate is signed by the RootCA (in this case, Oracle Certificate Authority)
- ldapbind/ldapsearch over port 636 is successful to OID
- Third-party LDAP browsers such as JXplorer and LDAPStudio can successfully connect to OID over SSL on port 636, so OID SSL configuration is correct.
- From OVD, SSL connections fail to connect to port 636, with:
Oracle Virtual Directory could not load certificate chain
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms