Metadata Repository Creation Assistant (MRCA) Information
(Doc ID 431665.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Identity Federation - Version 10.1.4.0.1 to 10.1.4.3.0 [Release 10g]
Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.4.3 [Release 10gR2 to 10gR3]
Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.4.3.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.0.2 and later
Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 1-Jan-2013
The purpose of this document is to provide instructions on obtaining the latest supported Metadata Repository Creation Assistant (MRCA), also known as "RepCA". This document will also provide certification details for MRCA, and where to obtain the latest MRCA Documentation.
This document is limited MRCA to be used to create a Metadata Repository for the following supported Oracle Application Server and/or Identity Management versions:
- Oracle Identity Management 10g (10.1.4)
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 3 (10.1.3)
- Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2)
The following is a summary of important points regarding the different MRCA releases:
- MRCA 10.1.2.0.3 is only for use before installing Identity Management 10g 10.1.2.0.2
- MRCA 10.1.4.0.1 is only for use before installing Identity Management 10g 10.1.4.0.1
- Both above MRCA versions are compatible with Oracle Database 10.2, but not Oracle Database 11g 11.1 or 11.2
- For 11g Database usage, Identity Management 10g 10.1.2.0.2 or 10.1.4.0.1 need to be installed with their supported versions first. Then, apply the AS 10.1.2.3 or IM 10.1.4.3 Patchset before upgrading the Database to 11g. See the following documents for instructions:
<Note 740417.1> Oracle Database 11g Release 1 (11.1) Certification for Oracle Application Server 10g
<Note 887365.1> Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2) Certification for Oracle Application Server 10g
- See the following for Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g:
<Note 1364497.1> New Direction for Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g with Single Sign-On 10g
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Obtaining the Latest MRCA|
|Certified Platforms and Oracle Databases for MRCA|
|Online Documentation for MRCA|