Timeout Occurs after 30 Minutes with Webstart/ADF Application Connecting to ADF EJB.
(Doc ID 436780.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 10.1.3.1.0 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An ADF remote (Stateful session bean) application is running as a client and after holding on for about 30 minutes, got the following exception:
When increasing or decreasing the timeout parameter the error did not go away.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
Follow the steps of this example:
Then change it as following:
- After starting ADFJClientComponentDemo.jws, please test it as mentioned in the readme provided with the project.
- Go to the application module (OnlineordersModule) in the project (OnlineOrders) and edit it.
Make the application module remoteable and select EJB Session Bean. The session Bean properties are Stateful and Bean Managed.
- Create Business Components deployment Profile for the application Module OnlineordersModule for your specific application server and database connections.
- Change the files data-sources.xml, orion-ejb-jar.xml, DataBindings.ctx, testApplicationDefinition.java and LoadMedia.java .
- Deploy the server Project (OnlineOrders) and run the Client Project (ComponentDemo)
- A window with Database contents will appear.
- Wait 30 Minutes and try to close the window. It will not close. In JDeveloper you can find error messages.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document