Browser Encoding does not correspond To NLS_LANG Setting
(Doc ID 438779.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Oracle Forms runs within a browser. When you check the browser encoding (View->encoding in IE) it shows different characterset than what is set as NLS_LANG
1. Set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 in default.env
2. Restart OC4J_BI_Forms
3. Execute Test form: http://server:port/forms/frmservlet?form=test.fmx
4. From the browser Click View-encoding , you will find something other than UTF-8 is selected.
5. Repeat the same test by unchecking View->encoding->Auto-select from the browser.
6. Same results, UTF-8 is not selected as default
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document