Browser Encoding does not correspond To NLS_LANG Setting
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version: 6.0.8 to 10.1.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
1. Set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 in default.env
2. Restart OC4J_BI_Forms
3. Execute Test form: http://server:port/forms/frmservlet?form=test.fmx
4. From the browser Click View-encoding , you will find something other than UTF-8 is selected.
5. Repeat the same test by unchecking View->encoding->Auto-select from the browser.
6. Same results, UTF-8 is not selected as default
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms