Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle(R) BPEL Process Manager - Version: 10.1.3.1.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 10.1.3.1.0 in Production:
Find that MQ cannot always guarantee the ordering of messages between a sending and receiving
application. If three messages are sent in the order 1, 2, 3, they may not arrive in that same order.
To guarantee the ordering of messages you are using the "Message Grouping" parameters.
The MQ Message grouping parameters are set in the MQ Header Message within the BPEL process. But
when the same message is viewed on the Mainframe system, the Group information appears as part
of the message data, due to which the message is rejected by the receiving program.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Simple BPEL process with MQ Adapter.
2. Assign Group-ID through the "assign" activity.
3. "Invoke" to send some data to the queue.
4. Browse the data using MQ manager on mainframe platform.
5. The group ID appears right before the actual data as part of the data payload.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms