How to use different Delimiters For Different Trading Partners With Same Edi Doc Types
(Doc ID 456380.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Application Server Integration B2B - Version: 10.1.2.0.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
(977, 855 etc).
You wish to change these delimiters and customize with values like * or |.
The catch here is for the same document type i.e. 850, 4010 version, that you send to different
customers, you need to use different delimiters.
There are delimiters that can be specified in the document protocol parameters, but for Outbound,
i.e. going out from the host, there can be only one set of document protocol parameters for one
set of document types (type and revision, ex. 850, 4010).
If you need to send same EDI document in different formats to different trading partners, how do
you achieve this ?
### Steps to Reproduce Problem ###
1. Acme is the host which receives 850 (PO) from its trading partners, and sends out 855.
2. Both Global chips and Colorchips send 850-4010 using different delimiters, and want the same
delimiters to be used while receiving. They both want 855-4010 versions, but with different
3. Create business actions for 850-4010 and 855-4010.
4. Create two trading partner set-ups - Global Chips and ColorChips with host Acme.
5. Create two agreements each for GlobalChips and Colorchips.
6. Deploy them and test them by generating data from a back-end application, like BPEL, while
sending back 855.
7. Observe the results.
8. You would notice only one set of delimiters are used in both.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process, and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|