ORA-02020 Error when Using Database Links in a Lookup
Last updated on JULY 26, 2016
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 9.0.1 to 9.1 [Release 10gR2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for Relevance on 07-Sep-2013**
When attempting to make use of Database Links within the Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) application to show a lookup from a table on an external Database, the following error occurs:
ORA-02020: too many database links in use.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a shared database link pointing to an Oracle database which is running in shared instance.
- Set the database parameter open_Link = 100.
- Create a public synonym which will point to a table in the external database.
- Configure this public synonym in one of the custom lookups.
- Try to access this lookup a few times in the corresponding form in the Admin Console (some will succeed some will not).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms