Impossible To Reverse Engineer An Ascii Flat File With ODI Using A Cobol Copybook As A Metadata Source
(Doc ID 463746.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 10.1.3.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Reverse Engineer with ODI an ASCII Flat File using a Cobol copybook metadata specification file, it appears that the operation does not function correctly and no columns are identified and no error message is signaled.
This occurs having :
- Created a File Technology Data Server,
- Created a Physical and Logical Schema.
- From ODI (Sunopsis) Designer, created a Model based on the Logical Schema.
- Inserted a Datastore.
- Designated the .dat (data) in the resource Name field
- Designated the .sun (Cobol copybook) file to be used as the metadata source for the Reverse Engineering operation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document