Creating a User In OIDDAS Fails With: Mismatched Confirmed Password(s): Password
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version: 10.1.2 to 10.1.4.2 - Release: 10gR2 to 10gR3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Creating a user from OIDDAS while logged in as orcladmin fails with:
Error Mismatched Confirmed Password(s): Password.
- HTTPHeader trace shows that the password is sent correctly from the web client :
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="userpassword"
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="confpassword"
- OID debug logs show no problems during user creation attempt
- OIDDAS debug log (OC4J~OC4J_SECURITY~default_island~1) shows nothing helpful during user creation attempts:
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] setMembership to false: idx is 8
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] setMembership to false: idx is 9
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] setMembership to false: idx is 10
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] setMembership to false: idx is 11
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] error input data. Save table in cache
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] In getReturnPage from handlerequest:oracle/ldap/das/user/DASCreateUserInfoAdmin
08/01/18 15:24:29 [info] diagnostic record for the current request:
- Adding a user via ldapadd is successful.
- Adding a user in OIDDAS, with a password containing both characters and numbers (e.g.,
pass12345678), makes no difference, even with an active password policy.
- The following entries match what is found in a working OID:
- No custom objectclasses or attributes have been implemented in OID.
- orcldirectoryversion=OID 10.1.2.1.0
- Redeploying OIDDAS doesn't correct the problem
- JAZN debug log shows nothing helpful
- The DASCreateUserInfoAdmin.html source code shows no relevant differences as compared with that from a working instance
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Go to OIDDAS and logon as "orcladmin".
- Click on "Directory"
- Click on "Create" on the "Users" tab..
- Fill in the mandatory fields and insert "12345678" as Password and "12345678" as "Confirmed Password"
- Click on "Submit". The error appears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms