Cannot Logon as APEX Administrator Using Internet Explorer - Firefox Works
(Doc ID 579367.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 1.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cannot login to APEX. After entering the correct userid and password nothing happens.
1. You have a new installation of APEX.
2. After entering http://machine_name.domain:port/apex/apex_admin you are redirected to the Password Change page, which allows you to change the password.
3. After changing the password, you are redirected back to the APEX Admin logon page and you enter the username and password created in step 2.
4. No logon occurs but no errors occur.
5. Logon with Firefox is successful.
6. The problem does not happen with IE when using IP address or running the browser from the HTTP server / EPG machine and using a URL like -> http://localhost:port/apex/apex_admin
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document