Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:COREid Access - Version: 10.1.4
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Steps To Reproduce:
1) Protect a resource (say abc.html) on IIS WebServer through OAM.
2) Also protect abc.html on IIS through either "Basic", "Digest" or "IWA"
3) For the WebGate, set the value of "UseIISBuiltinAuthentication" to "false"
4) Set the Cache Timeout of the WebGate to a small value (1-5 minutes)
5) Restart the WebGate-enabled web server
6) Access abc.html. The Prompt should come from OAM.
7) Change the value of "UseIISBuiltinAuthentication" to true.
8) After the timeout, check the value of "UseIISBuiltinAuthentication" in the <WebGate Install
Dir>/lib/ObAccessClient.xml file. If you are encountering this issue, you will see the value set to "false".
9) Restart the WebServer. You will see the correct (new) value shown.
Changes to the WebGate parameters were requiring an IIS web server restart, necessitating down-time and having to go through formal change request processes, introducing implementation delays.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms