Installing a New Node to an OID 10.1.4.2 Cluster Fails With: Configuration failed for IAS oracle.ias.configtool.config.ConfigException: IAS Instance exists already.
(Doc ID 743227.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.4.2 to 10.1.4.2 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A 10.1.4.0.1 OID consisting of two or more nodes was installed.
The cluster was then upgraded to OID 10.1.4.2.
Because 10.1.4.2 is a patchset, not a full release, it is not possible to add a new 10.1.4.2 node to the cluster. But attempting to add an additional 10.1.4.0.1 node to the cluster fails because the Metadata Repository has been upgraded to 10.1.4.2, and thus the 10.1.4.0.1 installer rejects it as being at an
- During the 10.1.4.0.1 install, the "Infrastructure Instance Configuration Assistant" fails.
- The following message is seen in the infratool_instance_jazn2.log:
oracle.ias.configtool.config.ConfigException: IAS Instance exists already. Base Exception: oracle.ias.configtool.config.ConfigException: javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 53 - Server currently in read only mode. Update operations not allowed]; remaining name 'orclApplicationCommonName=<instance_name>,cn=IAS Instances, cn=IAS, cn=Products, cn=OracleContext'
Configuration failed for IASProperty
Configuration failed for IAS
Configuration succeeded for LDAP
- where <instance_name> is the name of the IAS instance.
- oidctl status reports:
oidctl:Checking Oracle Internet Directory Processes ...
Process oidmon is alive as PID = 27071
WARNING: Connected to incorrect OID base schema version, (version=10.1.4.2.0).
WARNING: OID server (version 10.1.4.0.1) is now operating in read_only mode
- The following document is not applicable here, because when OID detects a version mismatch, it automatically enters read-only mode, irrespective of whether read-only mode is specified in its configuration settings:
<Document 467567.1> - OracleAS Infrastructure Configuration Assistant Fails - LDAP: error code 53 - Server currently in read-modify mode
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install a DB (e.g., 10.2)
- Run 10.1.4.0.1 MRCA
- Install 10.1.4.0.1 IDM against that MRDB
- Upgrade MRDB & IDM tier to 10.1.4.2
- Install a new 10.1.4.0.1 IDM against that upgraded MRDB
Installing a new node to a 10.1.4.2 OID cluster
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps to Reproduce:|