ODI Randomly Signals "The Application Requester Cannot Establish The Connection. <HOST>" Messages when IBM Toolbox JDBC Driver is Used
(Doc ID 750458.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 3.2.03.01 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following message is randomly signaled by Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) when IBM Toolbox JDBC Driver is used to address executions on DB2/400 technology and the ODI Agent is running on other than iSeries (AS/400) operating system:
The exception just displays the name of the machine, <HOST>.
Following points have already been verified:
- The current machine successfully resolves <HOST> with the proper domain.
- The current machine is successfully pinging <HOST>.
- None of the following reasons behind the failure in establishing a connection have been observed:
- Not able to pass connection to server
- Connection refused: connect
- Operation timed out: connect
- No route to host: connect
- A remote host refused an attempted connect operation
Actually, the ODI Agent is running on Windows and the IBM Toolbox JDBC Driver, deployed in ODI "/drivers" folder, comes from a file called "jt400native.jar".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document