SCCOPT_RENDERING_PREFER_OIT / GD Output Solution: How To Avoid X Server Dependencies With Outside In
(Doc ID 760121.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Outside In Technology - Version 8.5.1 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (32-bit)
HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
This article is useful for any customers running the following Outside In products/components on UNIX:
- Viewer Technology
- HTML Export
- Image Export
- XML Export (if vector graphics are being generated, in addition to XML output)
- Search Export (PageML only)
The following products do NOT use X server and therefore do NOT apply to this article:
- PDF Export
- Web View Export
- Content Access
- Search Export (unless using PageML)
This article is NOT applicable to Windows users.
The purpose of this document is twofold:
1. To inform users of Outside In about the availability of the GD output solution, which removes the dependency for an X server on 32-bit Linux (Red Hat and Suse), Linux x86-64, Solaris Sparc, IBM AIX 32-bit, and HP-UX RISC 32-bit platforms.
2. To assist users who are seeing degraded quality of font rendering in the output generated by Outside In on these platforms, and would benefit from using the GD output solution instead of the X server solution.
This article pertains to users who are running the 32-bit Linux (Red Hat and Suse), Linux x86-64, Solaris Sparc, IBM AIX 32-bit, and HP-UX RISC 32-bit platforms version of Outside In libraries on these platforms. This article will not pertain to users on other UNIX or Windows platforms.
For any users wishing to find out more details about the X server requirements of Outside In, please refer to <Note 552068.1> on My Oracle Support (MOS).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|What is the "GD output solution" or the SCCOPT_RENDERING_PREFER_OIT option?|
|How Do I Implement The GD Output Solution?|
|How Can The GD Output Solution Help With My Font Fidelity Problems With Outside In Image Export?|